- Katog Rit’hrod offers overnight lodging and longer term retreat space for Khentrul Rinpoche’s students who have a strong connection to him.
- Anyone planning to stay longer than a night or two will be referred to Khentrul Rinpoche for permission and guidance during their stay.
- Because Katog Rit’hrod has a small resident staff and is quite rural, we are not able to provide lodging for the general public, nor do we offer work study programs.
- You can connect with us by following Khentrul Rinpoche and Katog Choling on Facebook or Instagram and by checking Events at the website.
- To be considered for overnight or longer lodging, please complete the lodging request form below.
- We offer rooms with covered mattresses but ask that you bring top bedding for your stay. This helps us keep our laundry loads to a minimum. A sleeping bag is often an ideal solution.
- Please bring your own towel and toiletries. You’ll have access to bathrooms and a shower.
- We don’t have air conditioning, please consider bringing a small fan.
- Tenting is also a housing option. The best time is spring and fall. We have a few (non-powered) tent platforms to keep you off the ground.
- You’ll have access to fridge space and a kitchen in order to prepare your own food.
- The closest grocery store is Harp’s in Jasper, a 30 minute drive.
- To establish interdependence and to contribute to the center’s maintenance, we ask that you consider making a donation towards your stay at the center. The donation may be any amount.
- You can donate online by clicking here. In the “comment box” just above where you enter the donation amount, please enter, for example, ‘for weekend stay – August 11 & 12’.
- Alternatively, you may place cash or a check in our donation box located in the library of the main house.
- Each of you will be given a small task called ‘karma yoga.’ It’s a way to generate merit and one of the ways to make a deeper connection to the dharma.
- When you know what time you’ll be arriving, please let us know so someone can meet you and help you get settled.
- We have sitting cushions in the temple, but you might want to bring your personal one from home.
- In the warmer weather, you may want to bring a swimsuit – there’s a swimming hole just down the road.
- The center is not able to accommodate dogs – including service dogs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please don’t pet our lovely black cat, Maya. Originally feral, she bites hard and unpredictably.
Katog Rit’hrod offers overnight lodging and longer term retreat space for Khentrul Rinpoche’s students, who have a strong connection to him. Those who plan longer stays will first be asked to contact Rinpoche for permission and guidance during their stay.
If you plan a day trip to Katog Rit’hrod, there’s no need to complete the lodging request form below. A call or email before you come is nice, but not necessary.
Please complete the lodging request form below if:
- You’re a student of Khentrul Rinpoche, who has a strong connection to him.
- You’d like to visit and stay overnight for a day or two.
- You plan a longer stay for a work or practice retreat.
Once we receive your form, we will contact you to let you know about the status of your request.
If you have any questions, please contact us directly at gro.gotak@gnisuoH.RK